Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced UX Designer to join our team at our global HQ in Limerick. We can also consider candidates who work remotely, based in Ireland and who can travel regularly to our Limerick office
In this role, the successful candidate will:
UX Designer Job Responsibilities:
- Creates innovative solutions for a wide variety of product design challenges, including mobile, desktop, hardware interfaces, physical environments, and person-to-person interactions.
- Leads the design for new experiences and improvements of existing experiences.
- Plans and defines strategy for the direction of future iterations.
- Quickly iterates on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details.
- Advocates for design solutions, highlighting inputs that influenced the decisions including business and user goals, demographic and usage data, and research findings.
- Develops high level, detailed storyboards, mock-ups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Delivers work that’s not only user-friendly, aesthetically engaging, but which also produces results.
- Works alongside engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle.
- Assesses and optimizes the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics.
- Develops and maintains detailed user-interface specifications.
- Presents design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback.
- Contributes to the group’s shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies.
UX Designer Qualifications / Skills:
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design.
- Strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills.
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Experience in a highly Agile/scrum environment.
- Ability to work in a startup environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 5+ years equivalent professional experience.
- Master’s in Human Factors, HCDE, or Cognitive Psychology a plus.
- 3+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions.
- Experience designing and shipping products for mobile and desktop.
- Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Illustrator, Sketch, Hype, Axure, and Keynote.